Legal advice to buy Spanish property
It is important to obtain the advice of a lawyer as early as possible for the purchase process when you buy a Spanish property. Sundream Estate can recommend you several lawyers who also speak your language, when you buy villas or apartments in Marbella. The lawyers do not only take care of the legal advice when you have purchased a property in Marbella area, they also help you with tax advice services, property setup & administration, they also have good contacts and can help you with advise on good schools in Marbella
, when you buy a Spanish property, or to be a member in a golf club in Marbella.
What tasks does your lawyer perform?
* Examines the vendor´s private contract and ensures that the price and other terms are in accordance with the market and that they are normal business conditions.
* If it is a new development he/she controls that all building licenses, primera occupation licencia is correct, to read more Terms of purchase
for buying a Spanish property
* Ensures that the vendor is entitled to sell the property and that the property is legally constructed and correctly registered at the Land Registry.
* Ensures that there are no charges on the property and that all due taxes and rates, etc. are paid up to the date of purchase.
* Ensures that any possible mortgage debt of the vendor has been paid and assists in obtaining new financing for the buyer if needed. Read more information. Finance / mortgage
for a Spanish property
* Ensures that the purchase payment will not be released to the vendor before certifying that the buyer can receive a clean deed of conveyance for the property.
* Draws up the final deed of conveyance and attends at the Notary´s office for the signing of the deed.
* Prepares a statement of completion, arranges for the utility contracts (water, electricity, telephone etc).
* Draws up all necessary documents for the Spanish authorities.
* Advices you on financial and tax-related questions and is your key to a secure deal.
How much does legal advice cost?
The lawyer’s fee may vary depending on the time needed for the specific purchase. As a rule the costs is approximately 1 % of the purchase price for a properties in Marbella. For more expensive and luxury Marbella apartment or a Marbella property the cost of the lawyer could be less than 1% of the purchase price.